Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
|Metal Purity:||14k||Total Carat Weight (TCW):||4.25|
|Main Stone:||Amethyst||Country/Region of Manufacture:||United States|
Does not apply
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 0.72ct Square Princess & Round Real Diamond Engagement Ring 14K Solid White gold
- 18k White Round Multi-Stone Prong Halo Circle Diamond Shank Ring(0.4 ct, G, VS)
- BRACCIALE SWAROVSKI STARDUST DOUBLE women brown 5184846
- Just Cavalli JCBA00030100 Pulsera para women nuevo y original ES
- Sapphire & Diamond Engagement Ring - 14k White gold Round Cut 1.17ctw
- 0.12 Carat Wedding Engagement Ring Half Eternity Round Diamond 14K Yellow gold
- 1.20 Ct Tanzanite And Diamond Cluster Engagement Ring, White gold
- 0.20 ct 18 ct gold Round bluee & Diamond Ladies 3 stone Promise Ring 1 5 CT
- COLLIER PENDENTIF LOSANGE EN silver RHODIÉ NEUF
- 10k Yellow gold Womens bluee color Enhanced Diamond Triple Trinity Heart Ring
- 18K White gold Multi Crossed Row Two Tone Ring with 3 Yellow gold Balls Sz 7
- Bague or 18k, rubis 0.15 cts et diamants 0.04 cts
- David Yurman 16x12mm Prasiolite and Diamond Wheaton Ring
- 925 STERLING silver KETTE & ANHÄNGER MIT ZIRKONIA BESATZ ECHTsilver 51,7cm
- Ciondolo 2 Gatti abbraciati in Vero silver 925 Rodiato Brillanti Serie Cat
- gold Multi-color Gem Drop Earrings
- Michal Golan Multi color Stone Earrings
- Pendant gold 18 k. Letter E
- Thomas Sabo Femme dke000372514l45v silver silver Diamant
- Semi Mount Ring Round Shape 8.00 MM Natural gold Festival Occasion Woman Jewelry
- 1 CT Princess Cut Near White Moissanite 14kt pink gold Solitaire Engagement Ring
- 2.50 ct Round Cut Diamond 14k White gold Halo Engagement Ring for Women's
- Bracciale Rigido Dafne Brosway Jewels BFN13
- Joan Rivers Multistone Bracelet NIB
- S.Oliver Jewel Mens Bracciale in acciaio inox 9071050
- goldenstar 0.50 Ct. Green Diamond Ring
- Women's Ring from 585 Yellow gold White Frame with 7 Diamonds 0,13 CT Tw-Si
- gold whiteo Diamante Eternidad Grano Set Anillo
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.